Wednesday, January 21, 2009

11 Months Old Today

Today Mason is 11 months old. This would normally be the time when parents scramble to get those first steps in before Baby's big birthday. Or try some new big people foods. At least that is what I remember from Colin. Well, that it not my baby. Mason is crazy, he's been walking now for over 2 months, he eats everything in site, and his favorite thing is running around with his brother. One of their favorite things to do is jump on Colin's bed. When they busted for jumping on the bed they move on to playing cars and trains. I can't believe how fast Mason has grown up. You can see from the picture that he even plays outside in the snow. Of course you miss things when you have more than one kid but Mason just skips steps. About 3 weeks ago they moved Mason into the young toddlers room at daycare. Sure you would think that young toddlers refers to children at least 1 year old; well that is supposed to be the case but they couldn't keep Mason in that baby room anymore. Now he has storytime and is learning his colors. Okay, so Mason isn't really learning his colors because he walks around and kicks all the toys like he's Godzilla instead. Since he's not even a year old he has a hard time listening and following directions. I hear that he is starting to understand when it's time to sit and have storytime. If you've ever spent some time with my children you would understand how amazing it is that Mason would sit long enough to listen to a story.
Mason is not the only one who moved into a new class at daycare. Colin has also moved up to the next class. He gets to have "Ms. Shawna" as a teacher now. He's counting to 20 and does pretty well with the alphabet. I was surprised to see that he had also learned his right from left hand. Now, if they can just get him potty trained.

2 comments:

Ratliff Family said...

Go ahead with your bad self, Mason. You tell them that age ain't nothin' but a number, buddy! Nic and Geoff, you have got some fabulous little boys!!!

Howling Squirrel said...

Good for Mason. He is growing fast! I potty trained Carter when I was off for having Hayden. It was an adventure for sure. Let him run around naked for a while...he'll want to sit on the potty. I know that sounds strange but it worked for Carter :)