Saturday, March 28, 2009

Student of the Month

I can't believe it, Colin was awarded Student of the Month for March in his class at daycare. Those of you that also read Heather's blog may remember that Morgan also won Student of the Month a couple months ago. Just like Heather, I also wonder what exactly the criteria is. Maybe they just take turns giving the award to each child. Maybe they actually earned it. I'll have to get more details on Monday. I love my sons more than anything but anyone that has spent time with us knows Colin is not exactly, Mr. Follows Directions. Maybe at school he is different, which is great. Either way, Geoff and I are very proud. His award certificate is hanging on the refrigerator. On another note, we are diligently trying to potty train Colin. He is doing well. Right now we are more at the stage where Geoff and I are trained to bring him to the bathroom every 1/2 hour as opposed to him actually being trained to tell us when he has to go. Oh well, it's something and we are working on it. I bought him some Batman big boy underwear this weekend and we are trying that. He really doesn't like the feel of the wet underwear. It's a lot different than diapers or pull-ups. Hopefully, this new trick will help. We'll keep you posted on his progress.
Congratulations to my Student of the Month. Go Colin!!!

3 comments:

Howling Squirrel said...

Go Colin! Congrats. I often wonder if they are totally different when they aren't around us. I would love to be a fly on the wall at daycare just to see :) Good luck with the potty training. I did it while I was home on maturnity leave and it was a new experience but he does great now!

Ratliff Family said...

Go ahead wit yo bad self, Colin! I'm sure he's a little angel when his parents aren't looking. And good luck with the potty training. Kyle was my hardest...it took some tough love, but he'll get there.

heather said...

Yes, they are TOTALLY different at school. I hear it more times than not at conferences, so it must be true. And can't wait to see Colin sportin' the new drawls. WTG big guy! FYI, Mallory pooped her underwear today. And you know she has been "potty trained" for a while. It was GREAT.